OK, I'm a little late with this but I was all worn out from the fiesta yesterday.
Here's the original list with updates
- Write reviews. Drafted/outline two reviews; completed one for publication this week.
- Write backup posts for a rainy day. Drafted two thinky posts
- Write that great post idea from three months back. See above; also noted some ideas for future and uploaded to google docs.
- Create template posts for your future reads. This doesn't really work for me since my format is very loose. I did do one for the Thursday Thirteen posts that includes the header pic and the footer text. It took me less than 10 minutes.
- Clean up tags & blogrolls - Blogrolls-DONE; labels not so much
- Fix the favicon - DONE
- Work on any specialized projects (Friday Fantasy Feature) - not so much
- Put out invitations for guest posts for above - Opened up some dialog with fave fantasy bloggers
- Master the art of the feed reader and blog subscriptions. Researched a bit. Did not really have any "a-ha" moments.
- Make business cards (eh, maybe). Nah.
- Back up your blog. Nah
- Participate in some mini-challenges. I read most of the challenge articles but didn't really do the exercises.
- Learn more about blogging, read great articles, get inspired. Yes! thanks fellow participants!
- Make sure you have properly copyrighted your blog and know what to do when somebody reposts your material. Sooo, as near as I can tell from the decidedly non-actual-legal advice I found on the challenge and elsewhere, your own material is copyrighted whether you put the special little symbol in your footer or not; registering with the copyright office (for a fee) may give you more protection. Opting out of that for the moment.
- Help other bloggers, answer questions, share your expertise (let’s face it – this is the best part of Bloggiesta!) Yes! I can't really say "Done" because how can you be "done" with something like that? but I did chip in my 2 cents here and there while I was hopping around. Good thing there was a challenge for this because I am known for being shy and retiring online.
Things I did that I didn't expect to:
- Added social networking buttons to the post footer template.
- Went down a rabbit hole researching fancy ways to organize labels on the Blogger platform; decided to leave any major re-org for another time, but collected a list of reference links.
- Discovered a book with associated challenge that sounds interesting (The Heroine's Bookshelf).
- Thinking about glomming onto the Sunday Salon meme.
- Updated my "About" page.
So all in all, a very productive weekend. I managed about 12 hours over two days, perhaps a bit more if you include the bloghopping (loved the participant feed reader!)
Many thanks to Natasha at Maw Books for hosting and organizing; I found the whole event to be a great motivator for those "tune-up" items that are easy to procrastinate on.